Q: ETS light is on

The ETS light is on and the car is stuck in Limp Mode. I think it might need the throttle control module rebuilt and installed.

A: Hi. I used to help design the software used...

Hi. I used to help design the software used to talk to Volvo onboard electronics. In fact, I helped write the throttle module relearn procedure. There is updated software for the module that may help with your problems. A reflash can be performed with a scan tool that has OEM capabilities. If that does not work, the ETC module may need to be replaced. Once replaced, the ETC module must go through a relearn procedure with an OEM compatible scan tool. I suggest you have a mechanic diagnose and repair your Volvo.