Q: At 10 mph, ABS system has clunk noise. 2013 Buick Verano

The problem in my car occurs when I’m driving and reach 10 mph. At that point there begins to be something in the ABS system like it is checking something and there is a clunk. I can also feel it in the gas pedal. I took it to an auto repair shop and they told me that my car is in normal operating condition. This clunk and whatever is happening in the ABS system is “not” normal. I have had this problem for the past year. Can you tell me what I should do to fix this and how to find someone to do the repair work?

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2013 Buick Verano. The first question is whether or not the ABS light is coming on. If so, then you may want to look into replacing or testing what is called a reluctor ring. When this sensor is not working correctly, the ABS light will come on and you may also notice some clunking or banging sounds at low speeds. This can be difficult to test at times without the proper tools. If you need some help, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the noise and help with repairs.

3. At 10 mph, ABS system has clunk noise. 2013 Buick Verano