Q: Clutch has noise when pressing clutch pedal - 2015 Subaru WRX

I have started hearing a noise when I press on the clutch. This happens when it is damp in the early mornings, before it gets hot. I recorded the noise so I could play it to the dealer, which I did when I took the car in and left it overnight. The technician listened to the noise and said it was faint and didn’t cause any mechanical problems and wouldn’t be under warranty, so they did nothing. I am concerned that the clutch will be damaged. What can I do to get this problem corrected so the clutch will work properly?

Hey there, a noise when pressing the clutch is generally tied to the throw out bearing or release bearing. It may be necessary to replace the throwout bearing and have the clutch assembly inspected while the transmission is out of the vehicle. If you want to have this taken care of, a certified professional from YourMechanic can inspect the noise and have this issue corrected.