Q: Ford Crown Victoria misfires and stalls

asked by on October 11, 2017

Car rough starts does not idle and only stays running when pressing the gas but even then it wants to stall out and it sometimes misfires. I changed the egr tube, due to a crack but it is still doing it.

There are many potential causes for your concern. A misfire results from ignition problems, an incorrect air/fuel ratio or loss of compression. Since you said it only stays running when you give it gas, my guess is that the air/fuel ratio is out of whack. This could be from too much air entering the engine, say from a vacuum leak, or it could be from the engine not get enough fuel, say from a faulty fuel pump. The only way to know for certain is to have a professional diagnose your vehicle firsthand. YourMechanic is an excellent option since we come to your home or office.