Q: how many miles before i change the oil on my chevy trax using semi synthetic oil

does a light come to let me know when it time to change the oil?

Hi there. Most of today’s modern cars have service light systems that will illuminate when routine service is due. However, this is not a good way to determine when you should have oil changed; as some vehicles only illuminate oil change warnings when it recognizes a problem with the oil or lubrication system. The rule of thumb is to have your engine oil and filter changed every 5,000 miles. This should be done whether it’s a full synthetic, semi-synthetic of full conventional oil. We have a very cool mobile app that will send you maintenance schedule reminders when service is due on your Chevrolet Trax.