Q: Buying an 04 Chevy Silverado

Im wondering, in general what you know about 04 chevys. It looks very clean, little/no rust, no fluids leaking in engine, carfax is clean and backs up what the fella has told me. However he is old and stubborn and wont agree to let me take it to my mechanic for an inspection. He had it serviced at the dealership all the while he had it. I am very close to purchasing this vehicle but looking for some advice. Also, hows the 5.3?

As you know, with any vehicle, the dependability is largely dependent upon how well it is maintained. You’re right that you should get the car inspected by a mechanic just to be sure. You may want to consider having a mechanic from YourMechanic conduct a pre-purchase inspection. Our technicians can come to you or the owner’s car’s location to inspect the truck instead of taking the it to a shop, so you may want to bring up this option with him.