Q: Car bouncing and shaking

asked by on February 03, 2016

My car bounces and the wheel shakes when I drive or stop.

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote
Strut Assembly Replacement $276.75 - $2295.59 Get a Quote

It sounds like your struts are worn out. The strut is designed to support the weight of the vehicle via the coil spring and serve as a pivot point for the steering. Worn struts can result in a vehicle that "bottoms out" or bounces. Worn struts can also cause the steering wheel to shake at highway speeds and while braking. I suggest you have a trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your vehicle’s bounce and shaking issue and replace any struts if necessary.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr