Q: My Isuzu rodeo shifter will move through all gears but when i try to put it into park the light on dash says reverse. Isuzu Rodeo

asked by on March 18, 2017

Isuzu rodeo wont go into park. The shifter will move through all gears and will go into every gear other than park. Shifter says park but light on dash says still in reverse. How can i fix this?

Hi there - your shifter cable, or the attachment linkage for the shifter cable, is most likely worn or loose. This prevents full action of the shifter from selecting the desired gear position in the transmission. I recommend a shifter inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.