Q: Car remote unlocks doors but doesn't disable alarm. 2011 Mitsubishi Endeavor

As mentioned before, I may have recently caused my own issue. I added a TrackR Bravo to my key ring in the event I lose my keys I can locate them via Mobile App. Anyhow, after I added this transmitter I noticed my car alarm started acting up. I can unlock my doors but the alarm doesn't disable and goes off when I open any door. I removed the TrackR Bravo but the problem still remains.

Hi there. In many cases, when an aftermarket device is added to your security system, it can trigger an error code that is stored in the ECU which can cause the issues you’re experiencing. However, even removing the system will still store the code until it’s removed by a professional mechanic during a check engine light inspection. However, it is also possible that this is not the cause of your problems, but that the door lock actuator or relay is damaged and needs to be replaced. The best way to diagnose this problem is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a doors unlock inspection.

3. Car remote unlocks doors but doesn't disable alarm. 2011 Mitsubishi Endeavor