Q: no power on car unless the gas is floored

Ok my name is Jesse and I got a 01 sonata v6 and when I go to drive it it won't go like if the catalyctic converter is closed up so I took it to a shop n tgey said it was but I'm not to sure yet cause I looked at my timing belt and it is ripping up so can that cause my car to run like that as if the catalyctic converter is clogged? Once I floor it it will go but if I barely push the gas it goes slow but at half it won't go si u think it can cause this the belt? Bfor I get the catalyctic converter s? Thank u for the info n help

A: Hello. It is possible that the timing belt ...

Hello. It is possible that the timing belt and catalytic converter are damaged at the same time. Or for the same reasons. If the belt is ripping up, you should stop driving the vehicle ASAP as if it brakes while driving it can cause serious internal engine damage. Your best bet is to contact one of our mechanics who could complete both services at the same time. If you replace the timing belt but not fix the catalytic converter, the excess pressure from the catalytic converter could cause additional damage to the vehicle as well. If you would like to have one our mechanics diagnose the loss of power and walk you through correct repairs, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your location in order to inspect the car firsthand.