Q: How does the compass display work?

asked by on December 14, 2015

How does the compass display work?

If your Altima is equipped with a compass display, you’ll find it in the automatic rearview mirror. It measures magnetism and it can help you determine which direction your car is headed (north, south, east, west, only – it doesn’t display NW, SE, etc.). Using the compass is easy:

1. Push the compass button for a second to turn it on or off.

2. Push the button for five seconds to change settings.

3. Push the button for nine seconds to start recalibration.

Tip

If you see the letter C when you turn on the compass, it needs to be recalibrated. Enter calibration mode and then turn three circles with the car going less than five miles per hour.