Check Engine Light - Code indicates O2 sensor 1 error

Car was in shop to recharge A/C system as it was now running hot all the time and not sometimes Hot and others Cold. Shop ended up replacing the compressor because of a leak. Found a leak problem with power steering hose, and not able to get a replacement, so they were going to shorten it as leak by clamp. When work complete I picked up and drove it home 2.9 miles, check engine light came on before I arrived home.

The O2 sensor is a sensor in the exhaust system that reports to your car’s computer how much unburnt fuel is in the exhaust gases, which then tells the fuel injection system how to adjust the fuel mixture. When the oxygen sensor is faulty, it will cause the Check Engine Light to come on. I recommend having a qualified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to diagnose the Check Engine Light, inspect the power steering system, and perform any repairs as necessary.