Q: My truck is smoking, shaking and leaking some type of oil. What's wrong now?

I turned out an alley and it stared smoking and making noise. I notice oil leaking when I parked but I'm not sure what's leaking

Check the engine oil level. If there’s a sizable oil leak and if the smoke is due to oil leaking onto the manifold, the oil level could be low. If the level is low and you suspect a leak, just request a leak diagnostic. There are lots of possible leak points and so the only way to really pin it down is a first hand inspection. As far as the rough operation, (shaking) check to see if any trouble codes have been stored using a code scanner. If there are codes, they may provide clues as to the engine fault that is causing rough operation. Due to the leak and the smoke, and the sudden onset of that, I would pursue the leak diagnostic first and when the mechanic is there just simply alert him or her to the rough operation. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My truck is smoking, shaking and leaking some type of oil. What's wrong now?