Q: Car starts and turns off

My car will momentarily start sometimes, but it doesn't stay running and will cut off. However, the battery is perfectly fine.

A: Hi there. If the engine is cranking over fi...

Hi there. If the engine is cranking over fine and it just will not start then I would start by cleaning out the throttle body. It is common for the throttle body to become dirty over time which can cause a hard start condition. If the throttle body is clean, then the problem is more than likely the electronic ignition switch. I have seen quite a few of these fail. A computer scan tool is needed to diagnose this to check its signal. If you are going to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your office to diagnose your car’s stalling issue and make the appropriate repairs.