Q: Car starts and turns off

My car will momentarily start sometimes, but it doesn't stay running and will cut off. However, the battery is perfectly fine.

Hi there. If the engine is cranking over fine and it just will not start then I would start by cleaning out the throttle body. It is common for the throttle body to become dirty over time which can cause a hard start condition. If the throttle body is clean, then the problem is more than likely the electronic ignition switch. I have seen quite a few of these fail. A computer scan tool is needed to diagnose this to check its signal. If you are going to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your office to diagnose your car’s stalling issue and make the appropriate repairs.

3. Car starts and turns off