Q: Code P0008, possible timing chain.

The car lost power and gave me a code P0008. I think it might be a timing chain.

Hi, The manufacturer has issued a couple of technical service bulletins for the code P0008. The cause for the code is due to a misalignment of one of the camshafts and the crankshaft. The timing chain guides may be worn to the point of causing a loose timing chain and would require replacement. The reluctor wheel on the crank shaft may have moved and would require a ned crank shaft replaced. Your mechanic would have to inspect both components in order to verify the needed repairs. Either way this is a major repair that will require specialized tools and the expertise of a qualified technician.