Q: Replaced timing belt about 2 days later set a code P2649 rocker arm actuator control circuit high bank 1 where is this part? 2003 Honda Accord

the vehicle and what does it look like

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello - the P2649 error indicates a failure of the actuator circuit for the variable rocker arm mechanism. This mechanism changes valve opening for the engine, improving power and fuel efficiency. It is operated by engine oil pressure and a solenoid for activation, and is located under the valve cover on each cylinder head. I would recommend an engine inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.