Q: My 2008 Kawasaki KFX 450R keeps having the fuel pump fuse blown even after we replaced it.

asked by on August 11, 2017

I've been riding my KFX 450R around and I did a huge jump and all of a sudden the four wheeler stalled. I took it back to our camp and I found out it had something to do with my fuel pump. I checked the fuse and it was blown so I replaced it. I rode for an hour and it was ok. So I try to go out again and the same thing happened again. Can I please get an idea why this keeps happening?

It is quite possible that during a jump, some of the wiring may have been jarred loose or potentially caused a grounding problem for the fuel pump resulting in the fuel pump fuse continuously popping when the current is not consistent. I would suggest taking the quad to your local Kawasaki dealer to have the problem diagnosed and inspected.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr