Q: ECU computer

I need to know how to reset the ECU computer or where to take it to get it reset and if you can give me an estimate on how much it will cost.

Hello. The main question is why does you think your computer needs to be reset. If you have engine idling issues, then there is a relearn procedure procedure which can be performed with an advanced aftermarket scan tool such as an Autel, Snap-On, or various manufacturers.

Without knowing the reason for the reset, it is difficult to know what you need exactly. I have commonly seen Nissan’s needing and idle relearn after a battery replacement or other reasons.

If you need an ECM (engine control module) reprogramming, you will require a J2534 programming device and a subscription to Nissan’s factory website. In my area, they have companies that specialize and invest in the equipment to perform this service for around $150 dollars.

However, without knowing the exact concern it is hard to say if you just need a relearn or a reprogram. A relearn should cost less depending on the technician. A reprogram is an extensive procedure. In either case a several thousand dollar tool and possibly a subscription to the factory website is required.