Q: Ac compressor. Blowing hot air through front vents and cold air through rear vents.

asked by on October 15, 2016

Recently fixed ac relay at dealer as it was fuming and making noise. Now, it is blowing hot air in the front vents but blowing cold air on rear vents. Went to dealer to diagnose and they are saying I need to replace ac compressor condenser and all other parts as it has gone bad.

Pls advise.

Heater is not working Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

It sounds to me like you have a blend door actuator problem. The blend door actuator is responsible for controlling the blend door. The blend door is responsible for blocking off air to the heater core when your air conditioning is on. I would recommend having your blend door actuator tested using the manufacturer’s recommended procedure. Once this has been done, a qualified mechanic will be able to inform you of whether the actuator will require replacement in order to resolve this issue. If you need help with this repair, YourMechanic offers a repair and diagnosis service preformed by a certified mechanic that will commute to your location to look inspect your heater and AC problem.