Q: Hybrid system check light

My car has 82,500 miles on it and has been running great. Then the Hybrid System Check light came on when I was driving home yesterday. It stopped dead in the middle of traffic. So I had it was towed to the dealership. They said it was a faulty fuel pump that made the Hybrid System Check light come on. Do you have any other ideas or thoughts on this?

A: It’s possible, these vehicles are known for...

It’s possible, these vehicles are known for having fuel pump issues. On Toyota and Lexus hybrids, a red triangle is the master warning light, which can indicate anything from a problem with the hybrid system to a burnt out headlight. I assume this is the light you are referring to. Testing for fuel pressure at the fuel rail is the best way to determine if the fuel pump has failed. If you want a second opinion, the team at YourMechanic would be happy to inspect the warning light for you and follow through with appropriate repairs.