Q: Clutch goes to floor and now car dies when putting it in hear

Ok so my clutch pedal was shaking then went all the way to the floor and didn't come back.so i replaced the slave cylinder and master cylinder but its doing the same thing. But o see that the slave cylinder the rubber part isnt moving like it should when i push on the pedal

I’m going to assume your car dies because when you manage to get it into gear, you can’t feather the clutch to get going. This would be normal in this situation.

The reason your clutch is acting the way it is is most likely a result of air in the system. When the master cylinder of a clutch system is replaced it is often quite difficult to completely bleed the system. I personally have spent a lot of time doing this.

Begin by pumping the pedal over and over. You may need to do this with your hand if it won’t return. You are testing to see if you can build pressure in the system and the pedal will slowing come up. If you can, then most likely the only problem is air in the system. In which case, keep bleeding it and be patient.

If the pedal never pumps up, keep in mind it may take a lot of pumping, you may actually need a clutch. Your car does have 190,000 miles on it. A clutch will typically only last around 100,000 miles. The pressure plate can fail early as well. This will result in a number of strange symptoms. Either way, you would need a clutch.

If your unable to figure this out at this point, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, help you figure out the issue with your clutch pedal.

Good luck!