Q: My truck turns over but will not start - 1989 Toyota Pickup

I just changed the cap, rotor, plugs, and wires. When I try to start it, it cranks but will not fire up. I am getting a spark, and I can smell gas when I crank it over, so I'm pretty sure I'm getting fuel.

A: I would recommend starting by checking to s...

I would recommend starting by checking to see if the fuel is reaching the spark plugs. Try pulling one of the plugs out after cranking it over to see if the plug is wet with fuel. If they are not, you may have a fuel pressure issue with getting enough fuel to the cylinders.

I would start by checking fuel pressure and begin with tracing fuel from the fuel pump to the fuel injectors. Check to see if the fuel injectors are getting the correct amount of power as well, as often times faulty fuel injectors will have a weak pulse which can contribute to not enough fuel making it into the cylinders.

You may want to consider having an expert mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home to diagnose why your car is not starting.