Q: It's a long noise when I'm driving ,like a clacking - hard noise under the right passenger side .Could it be the CV shaft?

asked by on December 11, 2016

When i start to pull off and start driving , you can hear a loud hard clanking noise under the right side of the car. Before all of this started my husband changed the oil and oil filter as he was pouring the oil back in the car, I think he put 3 quarts in it already before he realized that he forgot to put the screw back in the oil pan. So he put the other quarts in it and drove the car to get more oil . I had to get the car towed back home because it stopprd running. After a week of this car not starting we decided to try and start it , and it cranked ! That's when the noise started. But I did change the spark plugs in it I don't know if I did something wrong in doing that." Please help me figure out whats wrong with this car"

Hi there. If the vehicle was driven for more than 1 mile with the engine oil at only about 2 quarts, then the bearings have burned and now are knocking. The right side of your engine now has an engine knock, most likely a burned rod bearing inside the engine. If you need further assistance with diagnosing a rod knocking in your engine, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.