Q: car bogs down when starting from stop and when going uphill

asked by on October 09, 2016

my cars turbocharger died on me last week. i had this diagnosed by Ford dealership but my mechanic actually did the repair. When speaking to Ford mechanic I was told the engine was in Good condition and that only turbo was bad, nothing else. Now when I drove the car it bogs down going up hills and when starting from a stop it takes forever to get up to speed. Once it does it runs great. And on flat roads and downhill it's perfect. It doesn't vibrate or anything else just loses power.

What could be the issue? It also has horrific gas mileage. Also right before my turbo went out I had a battery spew battery acid out under the hood. Im sure that is playing a part in this. Please help.

This may be caused by a number of things, however some common causes of difficulties accelerating like this may be related to things like a faulty mass air flow sensor or a clogged catalytic converter (specifically known to cause poor fuel mileage), low fuel pressure or many others. If you’d like, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to perform a Car is slow to accelerate Inspection on your vehicle and help diagnose this issue.