Q: Heater not working

My heater does not work. Last year the valve where those hoses are connected cracked, causing coolant leak. Subsequently, the hoses were bypassed. I'm not sure if the problem is entirely with the valve or the core.

There are several reasons for a heater not to work. This could definitely be a problem with the heater’s core or a valve, as you mentioned. It could also be something related to a blown fuse, a bad water pump, or even a bad thermostat. I recommend seeking a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come and test your vehicle to determine what was bypassed and what needs to be replaced. After a proper diagnosis of your heater, the mechanic will be able to make the necessary repairs to resolve this issue.

3. Heater not working