Q: 2002 Ford Explorer stalls while driving

asked by on August 25, 2017

While driving my car suddenly cuts off and my steering wheel gets tight and the gas pedal or brake wouldn't compress. Now my truck won't start and it sounds like it trying to turn. I have changed the crank shaft sensor and I have truck full of gas. What could the problem be?

The steering wheel gets tight because there is no power steering without the engine running. You brake concern is similar. The brake booster, which provides braking assist, requires engine manifold vacuum to operate. Without the engine running, your brake booster doesn’t work. Your engine needs three basic things to run: spark, fuel and compression. If your engine cranks normally, but doesn’t start, it’s either not getting fuel or not getting spark. So, the crank sensor was a fair guess. There are dozens of potential causes for what the exact problem might be. I recommend having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose and repair your no start condition.