Q: Bad gas in tank of 2008 Toyota 4Runner

I put some bad gas in the tank. I think there might be water in the tank that needs draining. I have a Check Engine light coming on too.

The first step in dealing with bad gas is removing it from the fuel system as quickly as possible. This will help prevent further damage to any of the fuel system components. To do this, it will require that the gas tank be removed from your Toyota and cleaned out. If the Check Engine Light appeared after the bad gas was added to your vehicle, it is likely that the bad gas is the culprit and the Check Engine Light is a symptom of bad gas. However to be 100%, it may be time to enlist the help of a certified mechanic to stop by and go over your 4Runner with you. They will be able to scan the truck’s computer and diagnose the Check Engine Light to see if it is in fact related to the bad gas in the fuel tank or another problem altogether. While there, they will also be able to safely remove the bad gas from the gas tank, properly dispose of it, and assist you in filling up your Toyota’s tank with fresh gas to get your vehicle running properly again.

3. Bad gas in tank of 2008 Toyota 4Runner