Q: VSC and Traction control lights on after wheel alignment. Unable to reset/recalibrate

asked by on August 25, 2016

My VSC and Traction Control lights have been on, on the dashboard, since I had an alignment. The mechanic checked the error codes and tried to reset/recalibrate 5 or 6 times, but the lights always come back on again.

A faulted sensor like the steering angle sensor can cause these systems to malfunction. A steering angle reset is required with an alignment on these vehicles and involves a procedure that includes disconnecting the battery. If you’d like a fresh pair of eyes on this, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the warning lights and perform the re-calibration as necessary.