Q: My dashboard says car not in park but my shifter is in park position it won't start of course I have a 2014 fusion HELP

My dashboard says car not in park but my shifter is in park it won't start of course help

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

The first thing to check is the shift cable ends are good and then the shifter is moving the transmission lever. If it is moving back and forth and the cable ends are good then the problem is in the transmission shift range sensor and may need to be replaced.

3. My dashboard says car not in park but my shifter is in park position it won't start of course I have a 2014 fusion HELP