Q: Hazard lights wont turn off 2005 Toyota 4 runner

asked by on October 05, 2016

Hazard lights came on by themselves. When I start it they turn off but when I. Turn off the car they start blinking again

Hello. It sounds like the switch is bad for the hazards or more commonly it sounds like a relay failure. The circuit would need to be tested with a voltage meter to be able to tell for sure, but it is usually the flasher relay that is the failure.

If you are planning on having these hazard lights repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.