Q: Does my truck use a throttle position sensor with or without lever?

asked by on November 30, 2016

I have a 2000 Toyota tundra sr5 v8 2 wheel drive. it is throwing a code for a throttle position sensor. when I went online to purchase a new part (several different companies) all of the places that I have looked have 2 different parts called throttle position sensor. one with a lever and one without a lever. how do I know which one to get? they both say that they fit my specific vehicle, but look significantly different.

Throttle Position Sensor Replacement $129.21 - $646.10 Get a Quote

Hi there. The best way is to look at the throttle position sensor on your vehicle and see if it has a lever on it or not. If there is no lever, then you would need to purchase the sensor with no lever. If the sensor has a lever, then you will need to purchase the sensor with a lever. If you need further assistance with the location of the throttle position sensor, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.