Q: Does my truck use a throttle position sensor with or without lever?

I have a 2000 Toyota tundra sr5 v8 2 wheel drive. it is throwing a code for a throttle position sensor. when I went online to purchase a new part (several different companies) all of the places that I have looked have 2 different parts called throttle position sensor. one with a lever and one without a lever. how do I know which one to get? they both say that they fit my specific vehicle, but look significantly different.

Hi there. The best way is to look at the throttle position sensor on your vehicle and see if it has a lever on it or not. If there is no lever, then you would need to purchase the sensor with no lever. If the sensor has a lever, then you will need to purchase the sensor with a lever. If you need further assistance with the location of the throttle position sensor, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Does my truck use a throttle position sensor with or without lever?