Q: Replacing ignition switch: How do I replace the ignition switch without the original key?

asked by on August 13, 2017

Replacing ignition switch without a key: How do I replace the ignition switch without the original key?

I lost the original key and I am having difficulty replacing the ignition switch with my screwdriver. The old one just won't budge.I have to get it off the lot or my apartment complex will tow it away. I am also worried the old key could have been found from somebody. I know I'll need to replace the door locks too but for now HELP.

The only way to get out the ignition lock is to use a 3/4 inch drill through the center of the key hole and then dig out the debris and then you can put a screw driver in and turn the cylinder to run position and then side lock pin can be pressed in and then a new key lock can be put in.