Q: no check engine light on, but code reader shows Poo1 code, is this a problem

asked by on July 21, 2016

seems like mpg has decreased, computer shows 14.8 mpg. is there a problem. no check engine light is on.

Car is getting worse gas mileage Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The code P001 is not a good code for your vehicle and it should be cleared. Your fuel mileage of 14.8 may be due to the hot summer weather. Different fuels are made in the summer and they may change your fuel mileage a little.

If you notice a large drop however, then have systems checked. Otherwise, make sure you keep up on maintenance like cleaning the MAF and replacing the filters and fluids as necessary. If you feel like having this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your location and diagnose your decreasing fuel efficiency.