Q: Q: Engine mount

My engine mount needs replaced but I do not know which one. I booked a Your Mechanic appointment for tomorrow to replace the front but I'm not sure if it's the the front, back or side mount that needs replaced. Can the mechanic bring all three and replace the one that needs It?

Thank you, Andrew

Hi Andrew:

Unless you have already obtained a specific, written diagnosis identifying which mount(s) are faulty, the mechanic from YourMechanic will always inspect prior to replacement to be sure the appropriate work is performed. Indeed, if upon inspection the fault is not a mount itself but rather a loose connection (bolts loose from mount to frame), or your engine vibration/movement issue stems from another cause, unrelated to the mounts, you would be informed of that as well. All of the mounts, or other parts needed, are routinely available in the field and inasmuch as no inspection has yet taken place, it’s probably needless to pre-order all three. Again, if different mounts (or other parts) are needed, the mechanic will be able to readily obtain them. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Q: Engine mount