Q: Are 96 2 door tahoe ball joints bolt on or push in?

I have a 96 2 door tahoe that I am replacing the right upper ball joint on and the shop I am ordering from said that I would need to purchase both the upper and lower ball joints because they are push in not bolt on. I was 99% sure they were bolt on but I need a definite to make sure I'm not getting screwed on my deal.

The upper are bolt on. For the lower, both riveted and press fit styles were used. The riveted joints can be replaced with the available aftermarket bolt on ball joints. There were many different versions (different dimensions/attachment styles) of the joints for your year and model and consequently the only way to reliably order this part and assume that the right part will be received is to order OEM using your VIN number. Looking at the catalog, if you want to buy an aftermarket part, it seems to me the only way to match this, in your particular case, is to have your used part in hand and buy it locally so you can line things up. If you do buy an aftermarket part, make sure it is a recognizable name brand. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request ball joint installation and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Are 96 2 door tahoe ball joints bolt on or push in?