Q: Car is starving for fuel at idle after warming up - 1991 Ford Mustang

The issue is intermittent , once the vehicle has been driven about 40 min straight it wants to shutoff at an idle . It pops through the intake as I try to save it sometimes it picks up but most the time it falls on its face and doesn't wanna start back up. If I keep the rpm above 1500 it stays running but will try to die as soon as I let up. . I know it's fuel cause if I spray carb cleaner in the intake it picks back up and runs fine. Maybe failing pip or injector or fuel pump? 3 hours later just went out to try it and it runs fine . Something must be heat sinking .idk in my 10 years as a tech I never seen it

A: Hi there. I usually start with the idle air...

Hi there. I usually start with the idle air valve in these cases, as it sounds like it might be sticking. Checking fuel supply - fuel pressure, filter, dirty injectors, as you have noted - is a good idea. You don't mention any problem codes or a Check Engine Light, but I would also check to make sure there aren't any transient codes.

If you would like some additional professional assistance, I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the car is stalling and suggest any needed repairs.