Q: Car is starving for fuel at idle after warming up - 1991 Ford Mustang

The issue is intermittent , once the vehicle has been driven about 40 min straight it wants to shutoff at an idle . It pops through the intake as I try to save it sometimes it picks up but most the time it falls on its face and doesn't wanna start back up. If I keep the rpm above 1500 it stays running but will try to die as soon as I let up. . I know it's fuel cause if I spray carb cleaner in the intake it picks back up and runs fine. Maybe failing pip or injector or fuel pump? 3 hours later just went out to try it and it runs fine . Something must be heat sinking .idk in my 10 years as a tech I never seen it

Hi there. I usually start with the idle air valve in these cases, as it sounds like it might be sticking. Checking fuel supply - fuel pressure, filter, dirty injectors, as you have noted - is a good idea. You don’t mention any problem codes or a Check Engine Light, but I would also check to make sure there aren’t any transient codes.

If you would like some additional professional assistance, I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the car is stalling and suggest any needed repairs.

3. Car is starving for fuel at idle after warming up - 1991 Ford Mustang