2012 Mercedes [C250](/topics-c250/) .. the key will not s...

2012 Mercedes [C250](/topics-c250/) .. the key will not start the car but it will lock and unlock. We get a message in the cluster that reads remove key Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the [battery](/topics-battery-...

2012 Mercedes [C250](/topics-c250/) .. the key will not start the car but it will lock and unlock. We get a message in the cluster that reads remove key Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the [battery](/topics-battery-mercedes/), particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded? Yes, and everything is fine Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C250 yourself? What have you tried so far? Unhooked both batteries, tried both key fobs, tried to move the steering wheel Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? Also we have tried to start using the push button and popping that out and using the actual ignition

Automotive Expert
Hey there, my name is Jake. Sorry to see your having issues, but thanks for reaching out for assistance does the steering wheel unlock? do the accessories work like radio or anything?
Automotive Expert
if the steering wheel doesn't unlock and you have no accessories or anything then it sounds like a steering lock failure or an EIS failure. If the steering unlocks, could still be EIS failure especially if no accessories work. let me know, thanks

The lights and accessories come on and the key fob will unlock and lock the car but I can't get it to start
Automotive Expert
can you tell me if the steering lock releases (I'd assume so if accessories work) and what happens when the key is turned to start?