Q: 2010 Chevrolet Equinox not moving in reverse

asked by on March 16, 2016

The car is not moving when shifted into reverse. The car will start and go forward in drive though.The Check Engine light is also on.

Having a vehicle that will not move when it is shifted can be a frustrating experience. Due to the information provided being very limited, it is difficult to narrow down exactly the cause to the Equinox not going in reverse. I recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic to come by and inspect your Equinox with you. They will have the tools and experience needed to determine why the Check Engine Light is on as well as identify what is preventing your vehicle from going into reverse. They will also be able to assist in making the repairs necessary to get your Chevy running reliably again.