Q: I had to get my coils and spark plugs change all 6. Mechanic said he had take out engine to get to back plugs. He did this and it

asked by on December 20, 2016

Coil and spark plugs were changed and my vehicle started once and never again. What could be the issue???? It acts like it wants to start, but doesn't come on. He said he removed engine. And from what I reviewed... That is pretty intensive labor on a mechanics part. Could there be a new issue or could he have just not put back a very vital part of my vehicle that he could have just innocently overlook????

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

A mechanic would never remove the engine to change the spark plugs on 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe. The largest "part" of the engine that is removed to access and replace the sparks plugs is the plenum, which is simply part of the engine’s air induction system. If the service was described to you as requiring the "removal of the engine", that is wildly inaccurate and unhelpful to you as the owner of the car and the one paying the repair bill. If the vehicle was running prior to this maintenance, then in all probability it was not properly re-assembled and/or something was damaged in the course of the work. To get it running at this point, will require a no start diagnostic to determine if the fault is ignition, fuel, or air induction related. Failing to re-connect one or more critical engine sensors can also account for the no start. At this point, your options are to contact the shop to get it repaired under warranty (if the work was guaranteed) or you can request a no start diagnostic from YourMechanic and a certified Mechanic will be dispatched to resolve the issue for you promptly, right at your location.