Q: My car shut off while I was driving and won't start back up

I was driving and my car shut off while i was driving a couple days before that I ran out of gas on my car but that day I had just filled up half a tank and while i was driving I did drive maybe 50 feet in 1st gear and I switched gears I felt a little pull as if I took my foot off the gas and I went to accelerate but nothing my radio and everything else in the car worked electrical I pulled over and tried starting my car but no luck since then I replaced the fuel pump and fuel relay thinking it was a fuel thing my mechanic wants to switch the distributor and he said if that doesn't work the main computer module I need some other advice I don't want to keep throwing money at my car and nothing works I replaced the timing belt about 8 months ago and the alternator about 1 year ago my car currently cranks but won't turn over

Hey there. The diagnosis of replacing the distributor is most likely the cause since the fuel pump would be the other cause. The distributor on this car has the crankshaft and camshaft sensors along with the ignition coil. This would be the most likely cause of the stalling if you are losing spark to the spark plugs. Replace the distributor if all tests indicate it is the failure before replacement. The computer would be the last part to be replaced since the distributor could have shorted the circuits in the computer when it went bad. I just had a similar problem with my Honda vehicle and it turned out to be the distributor was not able to keep the engine running and after replacing distributor it ran great again.

3. My car shut off while I was driving and won't start back up