Q: My dashboard is falling apart

I am very disappointed with the dashboard quality in my 2007 GMC Sierra. Within the first two years of owning it, it cracked. Now, I am at 92,000 miles and it looks absolutely terrible. I bought this TRUCK, not some little car, for work and it should last. I am not happy. Is there anything I can do to stop the cracking and plastic damage?

You are not alone in having issues with plastic parts of the interior or exterior of GM vehicles. The cracks in your dash panel and door handles breaking are common and no recalls were found for any of the trim issues you are having. My suggestion to you would be to talk to your dealer and try to get them to cover or assist with cost of replacement of the dash assembly. You should try this first before paying for the replacement yourself. GM may not cover total cost, but may help with the costs to you. If GM will not assist then contact YourMechanic for replacing cracked or broken items of your interior and exterior. To stop the cracks or breaking of some of the items like door handles, I have seen some aftermarket replacement parts that are better quality and have a lower failure rate than the more expensive factory parts. Contact YourMechanic for your options on your particular repairs.