Q: Check engine light is on, I was told it was my air filter housing, but feel like I am getting the run around. Want to fix it?

asked by on February 10, 2018

I have a 2012 nissan sentra and my check engine light is on due to my air filter. I have been going to a older mechanic and was told it was my air filter housing, but feel like I am getting the run around. They are closed this weekend. I just want to know what is the problem and get it fixed. Car runs really well.

Hi Abraham. Thanks for contacting us today. A check engine light illuminates when an error code is triggered and stored in the ECU. Without knowing the exact code that is causing it, it’s hard to provide you with advice on how to resolve the issue. If you’re not comfortable with your current mechanic, one of our mobile mechanics can come to your location and complete a check engine light inspection, to determine what is causing this problem to occur.