Q: How do you calibrate the compass in a 2012 Honda Accord?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you calibrate the compass?

If you have an EX-L or an EX-L V6 without the navigation system, you may need to calibrate your compass periodically. There are several reasons your compass may lose its bearings, including a dead battery, or even driving near power lines. Thankfully, it’s easy to calibrate. In fact, it does it almost completely by itself. Here’s what you need to know:

1. Turn the key to II.

2. The compass will self-calibrate at this point.

• However, if the compass has been affected by a magnetic field, you’ll need to manually calibrate it.
  1. Turn the ignition to II.

2. Press and hold the menu button. You’ll hear a beep.

3. Choose calibration from the menu commands.

4. Press enter and then press enter again when you see Push Cal Start.

5. Drive the vehicle in two complete circles (relatively wide) at a low rate of speed.

• If you successfully calibrated the compass, the indicator will turn off and the compass will show your direction.