Q: Valve cover oil leaks

asked by on February 03, 2016

The valve cover oil leaks.

Valve cover gasket is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Thank you for your inquiry. The valve cover seal is a common failure item and generally and easy fix. In your case, the upper intake plenum/manifold wraps over the top of the engine and must be removed to complete the service. A leaking valve cover must be fixed soon, as oil leaking from the valve cover often runs very close to or may come into contact with very hot engine components. This can burn the oil, causing and uncomfortable odor or even start a fire under the hood in extreme cases. Have a trained technician, like the ones here at YourMechanic, assist you with the valve cover leak.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr