Q: My car won't start - 2011 Hyundai Accent

My car had to sit for six months(it was located at my In-Laws), and at least twice a week I would go start it, and that was happening for the first 4 months, until I moved away and couldn't go over as often. They promised to continue starting it and letting it run for a few minutes(turns out they didn't). I'm finally able to put the cat back on the road and now it doesn't start, in fact when the keys are in the lights don't even come on. We tried jumping it, did not work. We have a portable jumper that will indicate the car battery level and it claims the battery is fully charged, but the car won't start. What do you think I need to do to get it to start?

There are many factors that may cause a vehicle not to start, especially after sitting for a long period of time. First, you will need to determine if there is any power to the car at all (i.e. do the lights accessories come on, etc). In your case, you have none of these. This is usually a sign of a dead battery or a short somewhere, but quite likely just a dead battery from sitting for so long.

It is difficult to diagnose the exact cause without knowing more, so I would recommend having an expert, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the car will not start and suggest the necessary repairs.

3. My car won't start - 2011 Hyundai Accent