Q: My impala will only start if I put starter fluid in the throttle body. I don't have to keep spraying for it to keep running.

asked by on October 03, 2016

Just at start, I have this problem. Don't know what part to get because it is getting fuel after start

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi, thanks for writing in. This type of problem could be a weak fuel pump, an injector that is leaking down and not holding pressure, a fuel pressure regulator, or any number of other possibilities. It would be best to contact a certified mechanic to perform some diagnostics to find exactly where the problem is located. They will have the specialty tools and knowledge necessary to diagnose and repair the problem. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs.