Q: Engine reduce power and light goes off but not other warning lights

asked by on December 16, 2016

So my reduce engine power light twice now has come on engine performance goes down the warning light goes off but the tire traction and the tcs warning lights stay on i was wondering where to start to figure the issue out?

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. When you have any type of warning light it means the computer has detected an issues when it was running tests. The computer is constantly running tests, and even stores some of their codes after they are turned off. Due to the fact you have several systems giving you warning lights, its likely urgent that you find out what those diagnostic codes are and have the vehicle scanned. You can do this at most local automotive parts stores, or by a technician. Once you have the engine’s diagnosis you will want to find the common factor between codes, as some of them are likely to be related.