Q: Shaking while driving

So! I was on my way to work when my car kept shaking as I accelerated, so I pulled over called a tow. The shop say it a rear drive shaft problem, but its gonna cost $1209 to do the work. I just want to know how much should a job like this cost cause I feel like I'm being taken.

Depending on what the cause of the drive shaft causing the vibration is, this may be a reasonable estimate or not. If the drive shaft is damaged or broken and needs to be replaced, this may impact the estimate. If it is something more minor such as a U-joint that needs to be replaced, this may cost less. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the vehicle to provide an estimate.

3. Shaking while driving