Q: Will my car having shifting problems if my purge valve solenoid is bad

Check engine light is on go to fuel up having trouble starting it after and vehicle not shifting when it's supposed to have to let you on my gas half the time for it to shift properly

A: A leaking purge valve can cause a hard star...

A leaking purge valve can cause a hard start and rough running after getting fuel due to vapors flooding the engine out.

The shifting problem is most likely not related to the purge valve. This sounds like a shift solenoid or a pressure control valve that is causing this problem. This would need to be pressure tested to check if it's bad.

I'd suggest you getting your vehicle looked at by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to further diagnose your Check Engine Light and make the necessary repairs to your vehicle.