Q: Why wont my hood close all the way?

I recently replaced my headlight bulb. When i closed the hood it latched but wont lock. I took off the hood latch to see if the spring that connects to the cable was stretched out but it wasn't. I used wd-40 to make sure everything was lubricated and moving but it still will not shut. Not sure if the large spring is bad or if i need to replace the release cable. Thank you for any help/advice you give.

A: Hello there. A hood that doesn’t shut all t...

Hello there. A hood that doesn’t shut all the way is a common occurrence. In this scenario, the most likely cause of the hood not shutting is something being in the way of the closing mechanism, a hood latch assembly failure, or a faulty latch striker. The hood latch can fail over time and repeated use, so I would double check these components to see if you can find the problem. If not, you may want to have the vehicle inspected by a technician or local dealer to see why the hood will not close.